SENT: Mar.9,2003
TIME: 9:35 pm
Greetings!
As we sat there in silence, words could not describe the thoughts that must have been racing through dad's head. He had told me yesterday that it is difficult to make sense of it in his head. His words to my brother were that this is sad.
Being a man of little words, I get the feeling that he wants to say something. He struggles, then opts for little or no words. He just stares. Only occasionally does he look up at you.
Tonight I broke down with him. I shared with him that I just hate to see him hurt. It makes me sad. It was a special time with just him and I. Now with you….
Before my daughter and I left, we had a wonderful opportunity to all hold hands and pray. We prayed for peace and comfort. A peace and comfort that only God could provide. I prayed for strength for my mom. Then we all said amen.
I invite you to join me in that prayer. A prayer for peace, comfort, and that God's everlasting love would be present for we know that His perfect love cast out all fear. Pray that my dad would cast all of his cares unto Christ Jesus for Christ cares for Him. Pray for peace for this nearing time of transition.
Hospice will begin to take over on Monday.
I also want to thank you for praying for my wife. We have some more tests to undergo this Tuesday. Again, please pray for her peace and comfort.
You know, she is one awesome lady. I am really blessed. She is a powerful example of selfless giving to all those around her. For those of you who do not know her…I wish you did. She exemplifies a caring and compassionate heart that stands out in a crowd like a sweet perfume. It is a heart that God has touched. And because of that, her heart has touched countless others. Perhaps you might be one of them… I know I am.
Please join me in praying for her this week.
As I am typing this tonight a few scriptures come to mind that I would like to share with you.
These are a few that God has blessed me with:
All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NLT
[Have you comforted someone lately? To those of you who have offered words of comfort to me…thank you for reflecting this verse. God has comforted me through you.]
But thanks be to God who made us His captives and leads us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now wherever we go He uses us to tell others about the Lord and to spread the Good News like a sweet perfume. - 2 Corinthians 2:14 NLT
[I love this use of the word captivity. This is one context where I like the meaning of that word. In His captivity is freedom. Where the Spirit of the Lord is…there is freedom. Whom the Son sets free… they are free indeed.]
I pray that for whatever you may be going through this day, that you would sense God's comfort as well as sense God's liberation of that which seeks to bind you, and keep you from Him. May your eyes continue to be fixed on Jesus.
Today, please be alert…look around…people need the Lord.
My friends, the march is on…it's Christ's triumphal procession, it's coming to a heart near you…do you smell it? Or better yet…how do you smell?
Dear God, we surrender to Your captivity. Now may we move forward as the scent of Your sweet perfume. Place our feet into Your footprints, and may Your Holy Spirit continue to lead our hearts into a deeper hunger for Your presence. Amen.
Prayer Update923, you are valued! God bless you, and keep on keepin' on!
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment