Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 9:35 PM Subject: Re: Prayer Request update
Greetings! I hope all is well.
It has been quite the week, here is the latest update on my dad:
As you know, my dad went in for an MRI on his brain yesterday. Today we received the results. They have found that the cancer has made its way to the brain. The tumor is on the front side of the head. He will begin radiation and resume chemo on Monday. As of today, they have not graded the cancer. (I.e. stage 4 or terminal) None the less, this was not easy news to hear. Or as my dad was quoted as saying upon hearing the news, "That doesn't sound like too good of news."
I talked with him this evening and he told me that he will just show up on Monday and see what they do. Man, what a stud!
So for now, he will have double treatment every Monday through the first week of February. Considering all that has transpired, his memory his still pretty sharp. It is his motor skills that appear to be slowing. Also, his eating habits have been fluctuating.
All in all, as I said, this was hard to take today. But, I know that God is with us.
Our prayer at this point is of course healing, but also that my dad would find peace with God through His son Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace.
Again, I thank all of you for your prayers. You are valued people of God and I appreciate you.
Keep the praise to Him flowing! His is King!
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment