Sunday, May 29, 2005

January 26, 2003

SENT: Sunday January 26, 2003 10:11 pm

Greetings!
What a day! At least for a few of us. Today I had the wonderful opportunity to watch my beloved Buccaneers win the Super Bowl with my dad. It was a blessing to be at his side for the game I have waited a loooooooong time for. I actually watched the game sitting in his wheel chair. It was actually comfortable for me, it kept my back in a spinal neutral position.

Today my dad made it to his chair in the living room. Of course, my brother helped by getting him there via the wheel chair. My dad really doesn't have the strength to walk on his own. Before today, he had been in his bed since Friday afternoon.

Tonight, an old family friend, who happened to be a nurse was going to be spending the night over there. She is determined to help get my mom some rest. Being a nurse, she is also qualified to help in many ways. She has offered to do this every Sunday night. Her name is Linda, my dad worked with her husband Dave for years. Please thank God for them. They are a tremendous help and support.

Tomorrow we hope to hear the word on the MRI, there is also a chemo treatment scheduled. We shall see. I know one thing, it is way too hard to move my dad around that house. The hospital will be sending someone to look at the house. They will be seeing what the needs are. Depending what the doctor reveals this week, it could be a hospice situation. We shall see. God has a plan. The bible is now officially out on the table at the house.

Thank you again for the prayers. All I can say is…this is hard. But again, I know that God is in control, He is faithful, and He is comforter.

God bless you all! You are valued!

No comments: